This pub, bar and restaurant ‘guards’ the entrance to the village from the southern side. Housed in a listed villa with sections dating back to the early 18th Century, the Rose and Crown was one of the village’s coaching inns, stabling the horses, whilst travellers rested and refreshed. At the advent of the motor car, canny landlord William Aldis made sure to stock petrol here, to ensure continued business as a ‘destination’ for the new Motor Clubs on a day out from London.
The name Rose and Crown celebrates the end of the Wars of the Roses in 1485.
Serves gastro-pub food, Vegan and Kids Menu.
Family friendly, outside courtyard, plenty of parking.
The Rose and Crown has a contemporary and stylish feel.